Recreational Vehicle (RV) owners are a special breed. They love to take to the highway because they know traveling is more than just a means to get from point “A” to point “B.”
RV owners know the journey means as much as the destination.
While RV’ers enjoy being on the road and getting away, many mistakenly assume that RV insurance is about the same as car insurance.
In fact, if you don’t have proper insurance for your RV, you may face financial hardship if you should have an accident.
WHAT MAKES RV INSURANCE UNIQUE?
RV Insurance is like two policies in one: it protects your vehicle like car insurance and it also protects your living area like home insurance.
Collision and road emergencies are definite risks to insure against. But when you are camping or parked, your RV becomes your home and needs to be protected against theft, fire, liability and other disasters.
Insurance for motor homes is specially designed to protect people that travel. And because your vehicle is usually larger than others, you should have greater liability coverage than standard autos, and this is only one important coverage option you might consider.
WHO NEEDS RV INSURANCE?
There are several classes of recreational vehicles and they each need special insurance:
- Class A covers RVs built like large commercial buses
- Class B vehicles resemble vans, but have taller ceilings so you can stand up inside
- Class C vehicles are large vehicles made from trucks or vans
STANDARD MOTORHOME INSURANCE
Standard insurance policy coverage will depend on your RV. Units that are motorized need the same kind of coverage as your car.
If you only plan to vacation once or twice a year, you may be able to get by with seasonal coverage. Trailer RVs will need insurance coverage for damage, both on and off the road.
OPTIONS FOR YOUR RV INSURANCE POLICY
When you insure your RV, you might want to consider these important options:
- Insurance for full-time RVers
- Camper liability — since you are responsible for what happens inside your mobile home and the lot or camp site it’s parked on (just like your house.)
- Extra bodily and property damage liability is not uncommon, especially if you have an expensive and large RV.
- 24 hour roadside assistance is a worthwhile feature that could really save you time and money even if you only use it once. And if you never need it, what peace of mind!
- Emergency expense money
- Total loss coverage
- RV contents coverage
- Insurance for any ATVs you may be towing, both for damage they may sustain being towed or being driven.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…
While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.
We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.